Prepare your business for COVID-19. What can you do and how can we help?
Most companies do not have a playbook for outbreaks like COVID-19 (coronavirus) and everyone is still figuring out how to adapt. Learn what you can do to prepare your company for a possible outbreak and which measures Dynamix takes to ensure service continuity.
Which measures can you take as a company?
Prepare a process for working remotely
First you will need to determine which employees need to stay onsite to be able to perform their work and which employees could work from home in case of a COVID-19 outbreak in your area.
Still, there are still a lot of companies not keen on having a working remote policy in place as the general opinion is that employees are less focused and productive. Reports show these opinions are incorrect. When setting clear expectations, working remotely will create a better work-life balance which leads to happier employees and better productivity throughout the year.
Define a list of tools to enable working remotely
Next, you will need to make sure that employees that can work remotely have the proper tools in place to be able to perform their work from home.
- If your company already has a Voice over IP or unified communications system in place, these communication tools are mostly accessible from any location and on any device. If you do not have these systems in place, you might be able to use mobile phones or other communication software you may already have. You can also consider changing to a Voice over IP or unified communication system, such as Dynamix Business Voice that comes with an app and a softphone integration. With these features you are able to use your office phone and conferencing capabilities at the office or at home without the need for a desk phone.
- You also need to make sure that files and apps that employees use are accessible through and sync to the cloud and not just when employees are at the office. A cloud storage solution can help with this. Employees can than save their files in the cloud, making them accessible from anywhere and make it easier to work as a team from remote locations.
- Last but not least, make sure you have a cloud backup service in place. This way, you can make sure that all files stored on the machine of an employee will be backed up and accessible in the cloud in case something goes wrong at the remote location, such as a dead computer or a virus attack.
If you have these services in place, all that your employees require are: A laptop, a smart phone and a decent internet connection.
And what about Dynamix?
Currently there is no foreseen impact to the operation of our services. In case this situation changes due to COVID-19, Dynamix has a comprehensive disaster recovery plan in place to ensure service continuity.
- All employees responsible for managing and supporting our services have access to needed resources from home and the office.
- Dynamix maintains multiple geographic locations with employees in every location that are capable of maintaining and supporting our services in case certain employees fall ill.
- As Dynamix fully operates in the cloud we have the ability to scale dynamically. If a service or application is using up more load due to disaster measures such as working remotely, we are able to redistribute the load over our global redundant data centers to ensure adequate service capacity.
We can help!
Are you not sure what measures you should take or how to best implement these measures? There are many things we can help you with such as security, collaboration, backup, business voice and more services that allow you to set up a home office for employees.
Feel free to speak with a Dynamix engineer to see what options there are for you to ensure business continuity.